This Creative Solution is a cute, easy, fun, no-sew Valentine’s decoration that cost less than $5 to make.
Reminiscent of those Necco Sweetheart candies from childhood, it’s four hearts marked with our names, hanging on a ribbon. Got more people in your family? Use more hearts. Or mark them with the Sweetheart Candy words, like “Be Mine” and such. Be Creative. Come up with a Solution that works for you! The basic directions are the same.
- 4 (or however many) small hearts from the wooden crafts section of a craft store. I got these from Hobby Lobby for 79¢ each.
- Wide fabric ribbon (I had purchased some from the Christmas clearance section of JoAnn’s)
- Smaller decorative ribbon to adhere to the top
- 1/2 pipe cleaner
- 2 popsicle sticks
- Acrylic paints and brushes
- Hot Glue Gun and glue sticks
- Paint the hearts in whatever pastel colors work for you.
- After they dry, paint whatever words or names you want in RED capital letters.
- After the paint dries, hot glue the hearts to the ribbon… spacing them evenly
- Cut both popsicle sticks to be the width of the ribbon
- On both the top and bottom, wrap the ribbon around the popsicle stick and hot glue it in place.
- The top will become the “hanger,” and the bottom just weighs it down so it lays properly.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around either side of the top popsicle stick, bending it into a little triangle hanger.
- Make a pretty bow using a second ribbon, and hot glue it to the top (to hide the “hanger” and pipe cleaner).
I used a command hook to hang it on the cabinet in my old house and on the closet door in my new house. Cute, right?