Think of this as a recipe from your grandmother who really just gives you a list of ingredients and abstract “directions.” Here’s a more traditional looking recipe, if you need that sort of thing (I did). And then adjust to suit your needs.
- Bananas – about 4-6 ripe ones
- peanut butter (a couple spoonfuls – optional)
- 1/3 cup (+/-) cocoa powder (I like Hershey’s Special Dark)
- Chocolate Almond or Coconut Milk (optional)
- Slice a bunch of bananas
- Freeze them for at least 1 hour… or longer if you’re like me and either forget about them or are simply in “save the spotting bananas for something” mode.
- Throw frozen banana slices, a scoop or two of peanut butter, and cocoa powder in a food processor
- Blend until you get a creamy, soft serve consistency… add almond/coconut milk 1 tbsp at a time–if needed–to help get that consistency
This re-freezes, but needs time to defrost before you serve it again… it’ll be a solid chunk rather than soft-serve consistency.