This recipe is adapted from Hip2Save
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup almond butter (or ¼ peanut butter and ½ almond butter… too much pb will change the flavor, whereas almond butter doesn’t dominate the flavor)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 full dropper liquid Stevia (sometimes I omit forget this)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup (heaping) unsweetened cacao powder (I find Hershey’s Special dark cacao tastes best)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- Throw wet ingredients in a Vitamix. Blend everything until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients. (sometimes most of the time I just throw them directly into the Vitamix, hand stir and then blend on low for a few seconds)
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients and stir until everything is incorporated
- 8×8 Cake: Bake at 325 for 30 to 35 minutes
- 12(+) Cupcakes: Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (do not overfill the cupcakes; the more they are filled, the more they will fall.)
- 24 (+) mini-cupcakes Bake at 350 for 15-20 min
Colin at Hip2Save notes that the cake and cupcakes will rise and fall. This is normal.
I usually melt chocolate chips as the “icing” and refrigerate or freeze until we eat them.